The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) are starting a new program called the 5-year Integrated Program in Management from IIM to help create all-around managers for the future. This program mixes subjects like arts, science, and business to train versatile professionals in a complete way.
A Blend of Education and Business Acumen: The IPM program, offered by renowned IIM institutions including IIM Indore, IIM Rohtak, IIM Ranchi, IIM Jammu, IIM Bodh Gaya, and NMIMS Mumbai, breaks the mold by merging undergraduate and postgraduate management education. With an overarching goal of equipping students with a solid foundation in the liberal arts and sciences, as well as in-depth business acumen, the program prepares graduates for success in the dynamic corporate landscape.
Dual-Phased Approach: The IPM program comprises two distinct phases: the Foundation Phase spanning three years, followed by the two-year Management Phase. During the Foundation Phase, students undergo comprehensive training in mathematics, statistics, economics, psychology, sociology, political science, history, literature, and fine arts. This diverse curriculum aims to foster a broad understanding of various disciplines, enhancing students’ ability to analyze complex issues from multiple perspectives.
Here are some of the benefits of pursuing the 5-year IPM program from IIM
- A strong foundation in the liberal arts and sciences: The IPM program provides students with a strong foundation in the liberal arts and sciences, which is essential for becoming a well-rounded manager. Students take courses in mathematics, statistics, economics, psychology, sociology, political science, history, literature, and fine arts. This gives them a broad understanding of the world and how it works.
- The skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in the world: corporate The IPM program also provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in the corporate world. Students take courses in business analytics, marketing, finance, operations management, and strategic management. This gives them the tools they need to analyze data, develop marketing campaigns, manage finances, and make strategic decisions.
- Opportunities to gain practical experience: The IPM program also offers students opportunities to gain practical experience. Students are required to complete two internships, one in the social sector and one in the corporate sector. This gives them the opportunity to apply their classroom knowledge to real-world situations.
- A high ROI: The IPM program is a good investment for students. The average salary of IPM graduates is very high, and the program also opens up many doors for career advancement.
Here are some of the things you need to do to apply for the 5-year IPM program from IIM
- Complete your class 12th or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Take the IPM Aptitude Test (IPMAT).
- Appear for the Personal Interview (PI).
- Score well in the IPMAT and PI.
The IPM Aptitude Test (IPMAT) is a 3-hour computer-based test that assesses your quantitative aptitude, verbal aptitude, and logical reasoning skills. The Personal Interview (PI) is a 30-minute interview that assesses your communication skills, personality and fit for the IPM program